The annual Orchid Festival has returned to Kew Gardens! And 2019 celebrates the incredible biodiversity of Colombia.
Orchid Festival Kew Gardens
For the 24th time, the Orchid Festival has opened at Kew Gardens and presents the enormous diversity of Colombia which is home to more orchid species than anywhere else in the world. Over 5,700 orchids are on display.
Admire the beauty of Colombia inside the “Princess of Wales Conservatory” and discover not only flowers but also a dolphin that is fountain and hat-wearing cactus.
Colombia is also famous for its wildlife diversity (with the greatest number of bird species of any country in the world). Therefore, there is also a ‘carnival of animals’ showing a toucan, sloth and life-sized jaguar.
Useful stuff for your visit at the Orchid Festival
- Festival is running from 9th of February until the 10th of March 2019
- Entrance is included in a standard ticket
- Tickets start at £16.50
- The Garden is open daily from 10 to 5 (last entry at 4)
- Latest news and booking of tickets via Kew Gardens Homepage.
- The visit to the Orchid Festival only will take between 30 and 60 minutes but there is so much more to see at Kew Gardens that you can easily spend the rest of your day here
Some impressions from my visit to the Orchid Festival:
This post is also available in: Deutsch